Wednesday, October 22, 2008

HNIC - Hockey Night in Colorado

We recently changed our service from analog cable to satellite. One of the extra perks is that we get the NHL Network as a part of our package. I was already pretty psyched about this because there is almost zero hockey coverage on any of the major sports networks...instead they're covering something called the "World Series", whatever that is. Then I tuned in on a Saturday night and there were Canadiens on TV...and they knew stuff about hockey...and there was a double header of hockey on...and it was Hockey Night in Canada!

After a little research, it turns out that the NHL Network started including the full HNIC program in it's broadcast this year. I promptly added HNIC to our TiVo record list and declared to Nora that Saturday nights are officially Hockey Nights in Colorado. She kind of gave me a strange look, patted me on the head, and walked away.

By the way, I'm loving the NHL Network commercials featuring the confused head coach talking about hockey; they are hilarious. Here's a good example about Defense and Offense:


If you want to see more, this guy collected a whole bunch of them in one place.

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Top shelf! Where Mama hides the cookies!

salamanda76 said...

I'm procrastinating so I thought I'd catch up on everyone's blogs. One of the joys of being in Buffalo is access to the Canadian channels. And the best part of Hockey Night in Canada is Don Cherry. That man is awesome and a snappy dresser to boot.

-mandy