Sunday, August 27, 2006

Quick Update

Pleasure reading has come to a screeching halt. Just started my next class in my Mechanical Engineering degree. It is called "Analysis of Mechanical and Aerospace Systems". I feel like I'm woefully unprepared for the course since our text is Modern Control Theory by William Brogan. I've heard a lot of good things about this book, but thus far it seems to be working with the assumption that the student has taken a Controls course. Right now I'm giving myself a crash course in Classical Control Theory and I'm hoping that I'll have enough knowledge to get me through...

Sailing was absolutely awesome. Even though it was a small lake, it was definitely big enough to get me hooked. We did most of our sailing on Sunfish, but I also got a chance to go on a Fireball (definitely too much boat for me) and I spent an afternoon sailing a Butterfly. I had a ton of fun (especially the 2nd weekend when we had fairly steady winds) and I can't wait to get back out again!

Running is still going strong. I'm up to 16.5 miles/week and I will be doing a 2 mile test race next Saturday. My current goal is to finish at a pace under 10 minutes a mile. We will see how that goes.

No comments: