Saturday, September 27, 2008

I don't seem to understand...

Watched the debate last night. Something that I don't think anybody who was watching last night was that McCain thinks that Obama doesn't seem to understand much of anything. After the first 20 or 30 minutes, he practically started every sentence with "Senator Obama doesn't seem to understand...".

What I don't understand is why Obama didn't specifically call McCain on it. Sure, he refuted a lot of false statements that McCain, but I think that it would have been a lot stronger if he used McCain's words against him. It would have been perfect when he went down the checklist of things McCain got wrong about Iraq...not knowing where the WMDS were located, being greeted as liberators, no history of violence between Shia and Sunni. Why not add something like "I don't think I'm the one who doesn't seem to understand..."?

No comments: